Monday, March 24, 2014

1972, In the beginning...

1972, when I was 9 years old, I had been having grand mal seizures.  At around age 17, with concern of my drivers license, a neurologist ran a battery of tests, only to tell me that they didn't know why I was having seizures, but take this medicine Tegretol so he didn't have to report me to DMV.   The medicine did not work.  I knew in my heart I didn’t have epilepsy, but did not know what was going on. 
I was told that perhaps I grew too fast.  Hypoglycemic.  Pre-diabetic. I asked to be tested for allergens but was told "what do you think you are allergic to?"... when I said I didn't know they said they don't just run a battery of tests when you have no allergy indications, and seizures are not related to an allergy.
Every year I would go to different types of doctors to figure out what was wrong with me.  EKG, MRI, Brain Scans, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic... nothing worked, until 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment